Friday, November 5, 2021

I Adopted Out a Dog Today

 I foster dogs. 

No, it's not easy. 

I adopted out a dog today. His name was Carl and he was the sweetest little boy. Carl was joy in every sense of the word. He loved snuggling on the couch, following me around no matter what room I went into (we did have a discussion on the bathroom but he didn't seem to understand my point of view) and chasing squirrels. 

I adopted out a dog today. He took a piece of my heart with him and now I can't seem to find my smile. 

I adopted out a dog today. My couch is empty and there's no reason to open the back door 20 times a day to play let dog in, let dog, out. 

I adopted out a dog today. There are tears in my eyes and a sadness around my shoulders. I miss his little face, his wagging tail and happy eyes. 

I adopted out a dog today. He's going to another home where he'll be loved and have another dog to play with. I'm happy  his furever home is a good one where they'll keep up on his vet visits, shower him with toys and feed him well. 

I adopted out a dog today. And now my home is open to save another life. Because that's what rescue is all about. Saving one more little life. 

Have a good life little one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment