Maybe you can't foster a dog because of work or family dynamics, but there's always something you can do.
Big or small, every effort helps.
- Organize a Fundraiser. Set up a box where you work and collect food, blankets, towels, or Toys for dogs. Call up a local rescue and see what they need. A sign and a box and you're ready to go.
- Find your local rescue and start a Facebook Share-a-thon! Go to their Adopt-a-Pet or Pet-Finder site and share the dogs that need a home. Encourage your Facebook and Twitter friends to do the same. Share those pups right into a new home!
- Volunteer to help out at adoption days. Join your local rescue and let them know how much time you have to spare and take part in events and fundraisers.
- Show up at an animal shelter and offer to take a dog for a walk. An exercised pup is a happy pup and you just might find yourself a new best friend.
- Got a few extra $bucks$? Donate a grooming for a dog in need. Some dogs come into rescue in deplorable condition. They need baths, nail clips and sometimes to be completely shaved down.
- Set up a recurring donation. Tag a small amount from your weekly paycheck to go to a rescue or animals shelter. Even small amounts add up if enough people do it.
Step up! Your small effort can make a big difference in the life of a homeless pup.
I rescue with Castle of Dreams Animal Rescue